This post is dedicated to my husband and to all the husbands out there that support us, ‘the Fibromyalgia sufferers’.
Fibromyalgia is a debilitating chronic condition. I believe that support from your family and friends goes a long way. Most Fibromyalgia sufferers end up losing their husbands/wives/partners as they cannot handle the support we need.
My husband and I have been together for 17 years today. We married on the 25th of July 2019. I’m so grateful for him because without him, I don’t think I could handle my Fibromyalgia.
My husband goes out of his way to support me and for that, I am extremely grateful. There are so many ways that your husbands/wives/partners can do to support you. My husband does so much for me. Here are some of the many ways in which he supports me:
- He loves me unconditionally.
- I am not the person that he fell in love with 17 years ago, before Fibromyalgia changed me and yet he still loves me.
- He always stands by my side through my journey with Fibromyalgia.
- He cooks dinner when I can’t, due to my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- He often does the grocery shopping alone when I can’t, due to my sensory overload, pain, and extreme exhaustion.
- He makes me coffee every morning, and tea in the evenings.
- When I am in hospital, he visits me every day.
- He supports me through my ups and downs with Fibromyalgia, and also the side effects of the medication.
- When I am unable to take my son to a doctors appointment, he will take time off work just to take him.
- He sits and spends time with me when I am not feeling well.
- He will run me a bath when I am unable to because of exhaustion, pain, and dizziness.
- He will hold my body up and walk me to where ever I want to go when I am unable to walk.
- He deals with my mood swings when I am not well.
- He compliment’s me, telling me how beautiful I am, even when I have just woken up or haven’t done my make up, etc,
- He puts our family before himself, and really takes care of us in the most amazing way.
I love him with all my heart and soul, and always will.
What a lucky woman I am to have such an amazing husband.
Are there ways that your husband/wives/partners support you that you would like to share?